If you are thinking of moving home while coronavirus is still a serious issue, don’t despair, Easymove are able to carry out work, though our usual procedures may be different to ensure moves take place as safely as possible.
The safety of our staff, customers and the public remains our highest priority and we would like to reassure you that we have robust new safety procedures in place that follow both the UK Government and the British Association of Removers guidelines to establish a safe working practice and to mitigate any associated risks.
Here is the Easymove checklist in line with government guidelines for the removals industry.
- Please contact us as early as possible in advance of your move date.
- Pre-move surveys and quotations will be undertaken via our free video survey app, to limit any unnecessary face-to-face contact.
- Our relocation team will put an individual safety plan in place for each individual move to ensure that social distancing and safe practice is followed at all times.
- We will contact your household in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, moves should be delayed.
- To help with long distance moves, you can stay overnight away from your home with your own household or support bubble to facilitate a home move, as long as you do not stay with other households.
- Social distancing guidelines and hygiene measures should be followed. Our removers will seek to minimise contact with homeowners and, where possible, remain 2 metres apart from householders at all times.
- Our removers will implement a buddy system and ensure that the same people work together when moving bulky items and furniture.
- You and your household should try and do as much of the packing yourself as possible. However, where you are using a removals firm like Easymove, you may wish to get our advice on packing in advance, in particular the arrangements for packing fragile items.
- We ask that, where possible, you clean your belongings with standard domestic cleaning products before they are handled by others, including Easymove removers.
- While the removers are in your home, you should ensure any internal doors are open.
- All parties should wash their hands regularly and/or use hand sanitiser and should avoid touching surfaces where possible to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
- You should not provide refreshments but you should ensure removers have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or safely disposed of afterwards.